Poor little guy

Ok, so I have a semi-cruddy LFS RIGHT by me. I go there to look and buy b/c it is RIGHT by me. The next nearest is about 50 min and I just never get around to it.
Anyhow....every week I go and look and every week the same ugly, funny, little Lawnmower Blenny is hanging out in this tiny little tank, maybe 2-3 gallons? Nobody wants him. The LFS says that he's a boring color so he gets ignored and they don't know why the manager ordered him months ago. So, of course, now I want him. I think my tank is a little small for him. I have a 14 (and 2 occ. clowns) and live aquaria says he needs a 30. So I know it's wrong. I feel bad for the little guy and keep hoping someone will buy him and darn it, every week, there he is, staring at me. I feel attached, which is dumb and I know you I can't make a decision that is bad for him or my tank b/c of emotion but I just don't know how long he is going to live in that little dirty tank.
I don't know what to do.

You have power with your purchase, buy buying that fish you tell the management that someone wants that fish which will encourage them to order more and those poor fish will end up sitting in that tank. Normally i find this a bigger problem with places like petco /petsmart or when people buy large fish kept in those little showcase tanks, but its something to think about

Ok, so I have a semi-cruddy LFS RIGHT by me. I go there to look and buy b/c it is RIGHT by me. The next nearest is about 50 min and I just never get around to it.
Anyhow....every week I go and look and every week the same ugly, funny, little Lawnmower Blenny is hanging out in this tiny little tank, maybe 2-3 gallons? Nobody wants him. The LFS says that he's a boring color so he gets ignored and they don't know why the manager ordered him months ago. So, of course, now I want him. I think my tank is a little small for him. I have a 14 (and 2 occ. clowns) and live aquaria says he needs a 30. So I know it's wrong. I feel bad for the little guy and keep hoping someone will buy him and darn it, every week, there he is, staring at me. I feel attached, which is dumb and I know you I can't make a decision that is bad for him or my tank b/c of emotion but I just don't know how long he is going to live in that little dirty tank.
I don't know what to do.

Saddest story i ever heard ...

Back