Possible?

What I mean is, you don't want the weight of the tank bearing down on nothing but the top of your stand. It's better, especially for large tanks to have the vertical supports under the corners of the tank.

make sure it can't cave in the middle of the stand. most stands are made to support the weight around the outside of the stand, if it sets to far in the middle of the supports it could fall through?

make sure it can't cave in the middle of the stand. most stands are made to support the weight around the outside of the stand, if it sets to far in the middle of the supports it could fall through?

Yea i was thinking of pushing the tank all the way back and leave some space in the front

I honestly wouldn't trust it on a 75 gallon stand (which is 48" long and 18" wide).

Six inches in the front, or three inches on either side IMO would put too much weight on the outside supports (causing the tank to bow slightly and the seals to weaken). It wouldn't happen right away, but I would put money on your tank springing a leak if you used that stand.

I had my 55 on the same stand that now holds my 75 the dimensions were 48 long and 12" and now its 48 long and 18" so yes you can do it

Dont like to meet seller face to face lol

:/ any pics?

Most of them say they support UP TO like this one I bought...

Top Fin® 55-75 Gallon Aquarium Stands - Fish - Sale - PetSmart

Features:

Supports up to 75 U.S. Gallon Tank
Has two shelves (one is adjustable) behind each raised panel door
Additional storage on two center shelves (one is adjustable)
Open backs for wire management
Sturdy construction with hidden cam lock assembly
Easy to assemble with common household tools
Dimensions: 50" W x 19 9/16" D x 30 5/16" H (127 x 49.8 x 77 cm)
Weight: 115 lbs.
Weight Limit: 900 lbs.

Most of them say they support UP TO like this one I bought...

Top Fin® 55-75 Gallon Aquarium Stands - Fish - Sale - PetSmart

Features:

Supports up to 75 U.S. Gallon Tank
Has two shelves (one is adjustable) behind each raised panel door
Additional storage on two center shelves (one is adjustable)
Open backs for wire management
Sturdy construction with hidden cam lock assembly
Easy to assemble with common household tools
Dimensions: 50" W x 19 9/16" D x 30 5/16" H (127 x 49.8 x 77 cm)
Weight: 115 lbs.
Weight Limit: 900 lbs.

Not big enough for a sump ._.

I had my 55 on the same stand that now holds my 75 the dimensions were 48 long and 12" and now its 48 long and 18" so yes you can do it

You also didn't have the 55 set up for a super long time.

I had a 125 on a stand that was too big for it (six inches too wide, just like this would be) and it eventually leaked. And when I say "eventually" I mean after two years.

You also didn't have the 55 set up for a super long time.

I had a 125 on a stand that was too big for it (six inches too wide, just like this would be) and it eventually leaked. And when I say "eventually" I mean after two years.

But still i asked this question because my old stand for my 60 gallon is cracking and weird sounds lol sounds like it about to break

Back