Powder Blue

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
if someone was selling a 4" powder blue in need of TLC because it's tail was nipped at by past tank mates and is shy for $15, but you only have a 46g bow front and don't have a QT setup yet but have a tank that can be used as a QT would you still buy it knowing that they don't live well in captivity and are ich magnets? I almost sent the email and then stopped myself.

Well like I said, I personally would if it was a whitecheek, probably not if it was a powder blue. Id also ask the guy if it has/had ich or if any of his other fishes have it as well.

i say forget about it, i bought a tang that had nipped fins thinking itll be fine and the fins will grow back and it was eating well, it died in three days

I guess it depends on the damage. Id also ask if its eating ok at the moment. I got a 'used' (lol) orange spotted cheek tang (lavender tang) with some ripped up fins, hes doing really really well.

I'm gonna pass. As much as I love the powder blue and the price tag. I can't justify putting it in a 46g without having a definite answer on whether I am getting a larger tank in the near future.

I agree with your decision, a 4 inch long pbt would not do well in a 46 gallon tank, you'd just be moving it from one stressful situation to another.

I don't believe Powder Blues are anymore difficult than Powder Browns.Both are Ich magnets and have the same care level.In a tank your size Alto,it will surely get Ich.

I would pass as well. stress and acanthrus tangs equals lots of sickness and eventually death. Sorry. Some deals are just not possible, like the 500 gallon tank I had to pass on. It sucks but you get over it.

-Doc

Back