Power Head Placement

RIJohn

Reefing newb
I am having a hard time placing my power heads in my tank. I have 3 evo 1400 Koralias. In a 90 gallon tank with the live rock placed in a U shape. I came moving every other day I am looking for some suggestions.

Should they be more on the side panes of glass?

Should they be on the back pane of glass?

Should it be a mix?

I just cant find a spots that I like.

I placed mine kinda oposing each other on the ends of the tank but down slightly from the rear corners, the wash meets in the middle and swirls around nicely. I also hid one in the rockwork to blow out behind the rocks. You just want to try to move the water around all the sand areas without craeting a sandstorm, its a bit trying to do.

I have my stronger one behind the rockwork, and the other 2 on one side(1 mid-level, 1 higher creating ripples) blowing towards my skimmer.

You also want to make sure when you set them up that every area of your tank at least gets some flow, you don't want any dead spots

What about behind the rock? I have a dead spot in one corner and the cuc is going to town over there, like 3 large Nars snails just stay there, the sand seems to boil sometimes when I feed the tank and they all start to surface....

I just cant seem to find a spot I like for visual appearence. I have plenty of flow with no dead spots. Just cant seem to find a spot where they dont draw your eyes away from the tank.

Unfortunately, that's what sucks about powerheads :( They are difficult to hide. You can sometimes arrange your rocks around them. That makes them more hidden, at least.

Back