power heads

whats a good power head for my 125g,..i was thinking of adding 2 more... how many gh...has anyone bought power heads from ebay...

depends on what your putting in.. I have 3 heads in my 150 with a total of 5300 gph...And I have bouight a dual head powerhead off ebay.. Been running about 6 mos now no peoblems.. couldnt beat the 19 dollar price tag thought it would be junk, but for the price got it anyway.. still going strong.. so I left that in and kept the other koralia for a spare

I was thinking of buying a dual power head from ebay..to help out.theres a dead spot in the tank.but i dont know how big to buy it..i have a extra sump that i had on the side i made it in to a power head,and i have a small power head..thats all i have..as water movement..

depending on what you are going to put in .. for example I have mainly lps and a couple sps. lps need a water movement on the low end about 20 times per hour up to about 40.. where sps corals can go up to about 80 times per hour... I stayed with the turnover about 40 times and placed the sps in higher current...if you are going to go with just mushrooms and most softies you can lower the tank turnover rate accordingly...

ok...im still looking at corals...to see what i like..i like corals that move...but i want alot of colors...but easy to carefor...

ok...im going coral shoping... imagesCAEWNAAR.jpg

Back