power outage

Any thing is better than nothing if the electricity goes out.A couple of hours wont hurt anything,but a couple of days will be bad.
Those power supplies are good for a while,as long as your just running a couple of power heads.But I got a generator big enough to run everything including my lights.
Better safe than sorry.

Even the water in a hang over the back overflow will stop draining once the water level of the tank drains to the bottom of the overflow box slots. With no new water going into tank none will rise up to go into overflow box and therefore none into siphon. The overflow box slots should only be a 1/4 inch to a half inch below the avearge water level of tank during normal useage. The principles are the same for both systems, use anti siphon holes in return lines and the method as stated by poolshark181 will work for reef ready with overflows in towers, over the back or even backwall bulk head overflows. Basically your adjusting only for water that is normally in transit in your pipes and pump and that difference in water height between the bottom of your overflow slots and when the system is running. Typically anti syphon holes are placed as high as you can on your return pipes and still be under water during normal operation.

Ok, I think I know what I gotta do. I'll make sure I cut the power myself though the first time while I'm there just to make sure I got it right.

Back