powerehead placement

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I can't seem to get my powerheads placed well. I have 4 k4's in my 180, Two are on the back glass, pointed straight forward, and two are on the sides pointed across the tank. i've also had them on the overflows pointed forward as well. the problem is, I can't seem to keep them from blasting the sand out of the corners and front centre of the tank. I want alot of flow, but I'd like my sand to stay put!

I have no expertise on this but I have a K2 on the side towards the front pointing upward. Try that on the 2 on the side. Again, just a thought.

your two k4's on the sides and the ones pointing forward seem like they are all hitting at the same point which could be why the sand wont stay put, you could try offsetting them so there blasts wont all meet. on the back glass put one up top and one towards the bottom, and for the ones one the side move one to the left and leave the other one where it is

You can also place the ones on the back glass lower and point them up toward the surface at the front glass.

Back