Powerhead question

queenangel77

Reefing newb
I have a 72 gallon tank. I need a new powerhead. Question is....
Koralia3 or 4? I currently have powerheads (2) that do a total of 800gpg. What is "too much flow" I have fish in the tank :question:and also mushrooms and polyps. Also... 30 gallon refug/sump.

I'm not sure I'm the right person to offer an answer, however, I've based my assumptions on more flow the better. I have a 240l (55g) tank, and currently with my set up of 2 Koralia 1's and a Koralia 2, providing me with a max of 5300l/hr, therefore running at x22, it seems to be working for me really well, I'm not getting too much sand shifting about. The guys on here though, I'm sure will offer you a much more detailed and concise answer!! Oh, and welcome to the site :D

Theres been a few of those LED light systems come through the store.I wasnt impressed with em.I'd invest in a set of T-5s instead.

I recieved 2 K3s for my 72 bow front. They seem to put out a lot mare power than my last ones. Where is a good spot to put these. I have one in each corner, pointing towards eachother and there seems to be alot of sand blowing around on the bottom of the tank. They are 3 inches under the water and the flow meets in the midde of the tank towards the front. Is there any good diagrams as to where the flow should be directed?

+1 James
If you'll move the powerhead down some and point it more toward the surface,it'll help keep the sand from blowing around so much.Plus the added ripples at the surface with get more oxygenation going.

Back