Problem???

Toolman

RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH
Don't know if this is teh correct area but I just saw two "crowns" from my candy cane float by i see where they came off of can they be salvaged ? is this the start of a problem?

Once they separate from their skeleton I don't think there is much you can do for them and I would be worried that you are having a major issues. The first thing that comes to my mind is brown jelly disease for why they would float off.

I will keep an eye on it but I don't see any sign of it "brown stringy from coral" the hammers are doing well could I have hit it during water change by accident and dislodged it? was just saying the other day how well everything was doing for the past year and now this :frustrat:

Sounds like you or something in the tank stressed it, and that's it's way of saving the colony if it was to be killed...by releasing a piece of itself to start another colony.

+1 smitty

I had that problem when I first started up my tank. I was using tap water. No hing but water quality issues. I would check your parameters and report back. I would think either nitrates or phosphates are too high.

Back