Proof - the work tank does exist!

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I have mentioned several times in posts that I have a 90 gallon reef tank of sorts at my work. I never remember to take my camera to work and today one of the staff had theirs so I borrowed it to prove the tank exists. The pics aren't that clear since it is acryllic and is scratched to he!!. It was a steal so I took it. $500 for the tank, stand, canopy, lights, 125 lbs of live rock, and maroon clown. Not too bad.

the inhabitants are:

1: maroon clown
1: niger trigger
1: ornate wrasse
1: flame angel
1: blue ring angelfish
1: white-eyed moray eel
3: skunk cleaner shrimp
1: BTA
1: long tenticle anemone
various mushrooms, polyps, kenya tree and the like.

enjoy

102_1624.jpg

cleaner next to elephant ear mushroom

102_1619.jpg

maroon clown with his long tenticle anemone. Can you believe it is thriving under only 4 watts/gallon?

102_1623.jpg

flame angel

-Dr Marco :sfish:

102_1618.jpg

Niger Trigger

Reef, these are for you. I mentioned earlier about the blue ring and the white-eyed moray. Here you go.

102_1621.jpg

Blue Ring Angel

102_1625.jpg

Eel

102_1626.jpg

More of the eel. He seems to be out and about like this most of the day. He will retreat as soon as the lights are on, but comes back out a few hours later. He is out all night and tends to be out like this most of the day. At night, he ventures out all the way and swims around the tank.

102_1616.jpg

Full tank

I looooove the blue ring angel. Redline, remember that was the one I couldn't keep my eyes off of in Vegas?!?!

We were such dorks. We went back to the same tank in Planet Hollywood every single day just to watch the fish. The blue ring was my favorite of all of them.

The eel is truly classic. He eats from your fingers and can tell the difference between silversides and fingers without biting them. As far as eels go, they are the MOST mellow, smallest and least aggressive of the true morays. You can get a zebra moray, but they are not a true moray eel and they are dumb as a bag of rocks. Not to mention the zebras get upwards of 4 feet.

If you are thinking about an eel, the white-eyed is the one to get. Their eyes kinda remind me of the "googly-eyes" you can buy at the store and stick on scrapbooking stuff. They almost look fake.

Hey Biff,

I was posting the FTS pic as you were complaining about not seeing one. Howz about a little patience with me. Have I ever left you hanging?

As for the Yote pics.

Yeah, I could blame the camera, but it was the glass. It really is all scratched up. The move from Salt Lake City took a nasty toll on the tank and it ended up beat to he!!. There is no way to make pics look good cuz the camera focuses on the scratches since they are as wide as the Rio Grande.

Reef, I have a lot of fish in this tank and there are no signs of poor water quality. I did just lose the foxface. Not dead, just can't find him. I consider him MIA. until I find his lifeless body being ravaged by the serpent stars, he is just shy.

I have way more fish in this tank than what you were planning regarding your 75. They are fine and your tank will look great when you get it up and filled with those aggressive fish.

I guess that tank doesn't look too bad with such a limited budget. I spend about $25 a month keeping it up. Which is why there are no super cool corals there. Plus the blue ring tends to nip at things and kill them. He has not touched the silver-tipped xenia though.

So is that what happened to my red firefish that I haven't seen since I upgraded tanks? He's just hiding too? Lost in sooo much rock?

yes, or he found a happy place that keeps him entertained and he gets all the food he needs through the water column. In my book, no fish is dead until you see the rotting corpse.

A big check mark on the Niger and Blue Ring.I will definitely get those two fish.
I will most likely go with the Albino eel too.Unsure,it scares me just a wee bit.

If people are looking to get an acrylic tank,show them these pics..That thing is scratched to hell!Still,I can tell it looks good and you gave me some good ideas.

Back