Protein Skimmer

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
hello all. anybody has any idea how to modify the return part of a corallife 125 protein skimmer.my skimmer is hung on the back of my tank. i hated the huge return box so i took it off and replaced it with a pre-filter foam block but it is still floaing at the top of my tank. anybody has any idea on modifying any thing or fabricating something that i can do to make it better looking?
:frustrat:

i have an overflow box but it is small and my wet/dry which i originally intend to put my skimmer has limited space and my bottom cabinet has a height of only 18 inches.

I feel your pain. I hated stuff hanging off my tank as well.

I don't directly have an answer for you, but if you could make it so you had a sump under your tank I think you would be alot happier...

Water level in the tank stays constant, equipment is hidden, etc..

You might want to PM 'fishman' though I know he has the same skimmer and might be able to provide some help for you.

Brandon

I agree with the sump idea. It looks cleaner and is quieter since all the equipment is under the tank. My sump is only 10 gal and it is filled with equipment, but all is well. Good luck.

Not sure if this will work,but might try lengthing the return tube a place the out put(return box)into the sump.I have a smaller version on my 29 gallon,so I feel your pain oversized pump and return.It works great though

I was talking to someone about this and was told the bubble trap thing is needed as part of the design as it applies needed backpressure to keep the water at the correct level.

Read the manual the person I spoke with said "being a man he left it off and had problems with performance... only to go back and read the book and read that it was required"

This is all second hand, but was trying to figure out some info for you.

okay i moved my skimmer to my sump but still did not use the return box. i use a pre filter foam instead. i'll keep you guys updated. hope this will work well...:12:

Back