protein skimmer?

rbb302

Reefing newb
so idk what i should get 1st i only have so much to spend on my tank cuz i have to get my boxer fix this week but idk if i should get a skimmer or get live rock 1st would my 120gallon be ok with out a skimmer for 2 weeks cuz i could buy one but it would not be a good one so i would rather wait and spend that money when i get it.

You can have a successful system without a skimmer but I still highly recommend a good one for the future.

Stay on top of water changes and you will be fine without one.

Yeah,there are quite a few people who goes skimmerless.I myself am to chicken to go too long without one.

Dr. Marco(Doc) on here has a beautiful 90g. that is skimmerless.It can be done,just more work.

yea i be scard not to have a sakimmer to lol i reather pay the 173$ get a good one and have less work i always here pepole saying skimmers are hard get going and need tuneing how dose that work

Definitely save your money until you can afford a good one. If you buy a crappy one now, you'll just have to replace it with a better one down the road, and that will be money wasted.

Some skimmers take longer to break in than others. Some skimmers start working immediately, as soon as you put them in your system. Others can take several weeks to start working. How they work depends on the skimmer that you buy.

yeaa im just going wait i already know wich one i thank im going get seems the best to me the Coralife Super Skimmer do u know any thing about them

Most people that have the Coralife Super Skimmer like it a lot and recommend it as one of the best skimmers for that price range. However, a really common complaint is how touchy the skimmer is, and how it can tend to go crazy sometimes for no apparent reason. I've never had one, but from what I've read, I'd recommend it as a really good skimmer for the price, but it's not perfect.

I do not have a skimmer yet, but I was looking at the aqua c. I found one for 139.00
Is there any good skimmer's for cheaper, like in the 90-100$ range. ?

:
I do not have a skimmer yet, but I was looking at the aqua c. I found one for 139.00
Is there any good skimmer's for cheaper, like in the 90-100$ range. ?
:shock:Wow that much for an aqua c I payed atleast 2xthat formine great price anything cheaper IMHO would be crap

THank you for the info. That makes me feel better paying that amount. I have reseached alot on skimmers and every forum I'v been on says the aqua c is the best. Your are right about the cheaper skimmers.

Thank you

i turned off my skimmer while i did a water change and then when i turned it back on little bubbles filled the tank. the fish act like it doesnt bother them but it is alot of little bubbles and i wanted to know if it eventually will. should i just turn the kimmer off? thanks for help

i have that problem too sometimes with my skimmer but it stops after a little while. if anything it will help the oxygen in the water I suppose.

Back