Protein Skimmer

fastrd400

It wasn't me!
I am currently running an Aqua Euro USA skimmer. My question is when I originally set it up it was working fine. However now I have not emptied the collection cup in I don't know how long. I have checked the air line and there are no clogs, and the vortex is working like it should. Is this common? Shouldn't it be pulling something, even if my water perameters were perfect (not saying they are).

Attachments

• PB030002.jpg
    PB030002.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 180
  • PB030003.jpg
    PB030003.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 172
Thanks Knucklehead. Looking at the instruction shhet, not exactly sure how. Do I move the foam up, down, or is there a different option?

thats what i was looking at too, it almost looks like the water is too low, and thats why its not putting anytihng in the cup... could the pump be having problems, like clogged, or maybe the impellor got a bit of algae tangled in it and now its not pumping as well as it should? theres gotta be something...

is there something else that has changed with your sump that could have changed the water level?

No, not a thing has changed in the sump. And like I stated a few minutes ago, looking at the instructions I can't figure out how to raise the water level.

I think he means raising the water level in the sump.
The manufacturer for your skimmer should be able to tell you what the optimum water level should be in the skimmer section of your sump.

Yea, i actually ended up talking about both, the water level in the sump and the setting on the skimmer..

I would look up your skimmer online and see what it sais about adjustments... The other thing to check would be to unplug it, pull the impellor out of the pump and look at it...

My thinking is that if there is a setting on the skimmer(and there should be) did that get bumped or something? What caused the "change" that has caused you to not be making any skimmate now...

The most logical choice is that something was changed intentionally, and you say it wasnt, so the only thing it can be is something that changed unintentionally.. Something broke, failed, got partly clogged, bumbed or something...

I went to their website, of course the area I need is "under construction". I was able to get it out, clean it real well, and found a sliding tube on the overflow. I have slid it up and that is the water adjustment for the skimmer. I also added 2 more gallons of RO to the sump. Now I'll let it run for a bit and make changes as needed.

Back