Protien Skimmer bubble level

that should be fine.. if you dont notice much skimming soon I would turn it up just a little at a time, until you hit the spot that works best for the skimmer..

Thanks guys. I'm not sure why it does this, but it sat at that level for most of the day, then I checked again before going to bed last night and still good. When I woke up this morning the cup had filled up ith clear water and was overflowing?

Why would it sit at one level for most of the day, then suddenly rise overnight? I have everything running like a dream, except the skimmer that just won't settle.

A skimmer will fluctuate like that when it's breaking in. Also, if your water level isn't constant where your skimmer is then it'll cause your skimmate to be inconsistent.

Thanks BL, maybe time to get an ATO then.

Another thought, I am currently living in Borneo, so humidity is high here. I normally have the air con on throughout the day and the chiller will kick in quite often to cool the water down to 25c. When I go to bed I switch the aircon off. Would a rise in room temp have a similar kind of effect?

Last edited:
Back