Pulsing Xenia Dying

mechanic27

Reefing newb
Hi everyone. I am new to forums. I have a 46 gal reef tank. It has been set up for almost a year now. I have a marineland magnum350 filter, remora skimmer, 2 t5 aquatic life lights, do bi weekly 20% water changes. I bought the xenia as 2 small frags about 4 months ago. They were growing like wildfire. All of a sudden i notices them starting to look droopy. Within a few days they started dying off and floating in the tank. I have not used anything diffferent. I added a few new corals. I have had my lfs test my water and all my levels are good. I need help. Thanks

xenia are vary sensitive to changes in water, id test your water to make sure somthing did't spike just to be safe

I don't think you may have enough light in the tank..2 T-5 bulbs over a 46gal is kinda low. No need to dose anything in the tank, especially if you're not testing for it, just regular water changes will do.

I agree on not enough light.

I have that same light fixture on my 27g, it does give the option to connect up to 3 of them together so maybe you should consider adding another 2 bulb fixture at least.

be glad they are dying. but i do agree its not enough light

xenia is a very big plage one it starts you cant get rid of it

Back