Pulsing Xenia

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Im gonna pick up a frag of pulsing xenia tomorrow when i head back home and was gonna try to get some things cleared up.

1) I thought that xenia is suppose to grow like a weed, yet a bunch of sites list it as "moderate to hard" to keep??

2) I thought the pulsing xenia was "pulsing" because it made its own water current basically, therefore it didnt need strong current, yet its listed as needing pretty strong current??

3) They list it as needing pretty strong lighting, but i thought it was ok in basically all conditions, refer to question 1, i thought it grew like a weed.

Any answers are appreciated. Also, any other tips to keep it happy?

Right now at the store its pulsing up a storm, i dont wanna mess it up and make it stop pulsing.

well i went back to the LFS and one of the other employees sold that xenia frag... sooo now im looking for another coral.

i was looking at the bubble corals, anything special about those i need to know? im not a huge fan myself, but my girlfriend thinks they are really cool...

Bubble corals are easy to keep. They are pretty tough LPS. They require medium light and low to medium flow. They'll also benefit from occasional meaty feedings.

I really like the pulsing kind... I might still get some still, just gonna try to control it well, cut the growth and take it to the lfs for credit

If you can try to put it on a rock that is separate from the other rocks. Watch it so it doesn't branch over to the neighboring rocks. You can control it that way.

xenia goes everywere it will drop peices that will float around the tank. i ripped most of mine out and i am going to have to do it again soon it does not stop spreading

Back