PureWaterClub Part II

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I replaced my DI, floss and carbon filters this week, Replaced the RO filter a month ago and now I have 19 TDS, I'm just about ready to abandon the filter.

Good call -- I'll check those seals out. How do you calibrate a TDS meter?
Mine came with a packet of solution, it has a screw on the back and you dip it in the solution - press hold and screw til it says zero.

You can also buy the solution for real cheap through amazon.com.

apparently the auto shut off valve can also contribute to your TDS readings, after calibration, be sure the cut off is actually cutting off, if there is water allways comming out the drain line then replace the ASO.... thats what i did and it solved my tds problems, and i never replaced any of my media...

Yeah. What if your refractometer is reading low? Like, if it's supposed to read 1.026, but it's actually reading 1.020? If you calibrate that using distilled water (at zero), then you have no idea of knowing if it's reading low. If it's reading high, you can calibrate it to distilled water, but not if it's reading low.

yea after changing everything but the ro membrane, i'm back up to getting almost 100 tds, and yes i've calibrated.. i dunno what i'm gonna do now... i'm getting tired of waiting 2 days everytime i send them an email...

have you gotten any water out of it?

are you on city water or well water?

if its well water then you could have very high co2 like i do in my well water. which will exhaust di very quickly and then cause the ions not to trap "stuff"

Back