purple condy

kilo

Reefing newb
i have had a purple condy for about 3-4 weeks now and this is the 3rd time i have had to save my turbos, i love them too much they are such good cleaners and dont want to have to replace them every few days. so my question is. do all anemones do this? or only condy, i know carpet's are aggressive. is he just hungry? or a bad egg? i was thinking a bubble tip, so my clowns will host and hopefully it will not try to eat everything that touches it, he has also tried to eat my cleaner :sad:

Anemones aren't really sentient animals, they have no brain therefore don't really know what they're doing. If something gets close enough to their tentacles theyre going to try to pull into their mouth and eat. It's just something you'll need to deal with if you want to keep animals like anemones (especially bigger ones like carpets that can grab and eat full grown fish). And I'm sure you've read this before but, just be ause you get an anemone that hosts clowns in the wild it doesn't mean your clowns will go to it in an aquarium, especially if it's not a natural host for your type of clowns.

thanks, i just think that the bubble tip would be a better choice since they dont have those long tentacles that would be more prone to grab stuff. and dont bubbles have a better chance of being hosted than condys? i understand in some cases clowns host condy, but would they be more likely to host a bubble? also i know that sometimes clowns host neither.. but if im gonna have an anemone id want the clowns to host it.

ok, i kinda knew that but i was hoping id get lucky, i just need to find a new home for the condy and i will pick up a bubble tip instead.

clowns cant host condys. so yes it would have a higher chance:)

It's the anemone that does the hosting, and condys can host it just rare to the point where it's like maybe 1 in a 1000 will do it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1fvNkCses&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Condy Hosting Clown - YouTube[/ame]

Back