Purple Up?

jrose40

Reefing newb
I was wondering if anyone here uses the additive "Purple up". I bought some at my LFS and added some extra rock that is covered in coraline "figi rock". My question is how often do you add it to the tank? It says no more than one time a day. IDK

Purple up is a waste of money.
To get coralline to grow,just make sure the calcium and alkalinity are right,and excess nutrients are low.Then take a stiff bristled tooth brush and scrub the coralline thats already in the tank.Then it wont be long until your cussing that purple plague.

From what I have read, if you are wanting to speed up the coraline process, calcium helps. I constantly keep my tank at 440 ppm and it is starting to cover the koralia. Wait for it and keep your water parameters within check, it will come. Just to give you a bit of a timeline here the Coraline has JUST started to grow on my powerheads and working on my rocks and my tank has been up since the start of July.

Mine has only been up for 4 weeks now but since I added even more rock "figi rock" I thought it would be a good idea to keep my calcium up to help promote the coraline and get my sand other rock ready when I do put in corals.

The purple up raises the calcium EXTREMELY high the lets it drop EXTREMELY quick.
Thats why the stuff clouds the tank.

dont add anything that you dont test for but just make sure the calcium stays up in the tank and it will come.. I also keep mine in the in the 440 range...

Back