Putting together a sump...

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I finally want to put together a sump for my 75 gallon. It is not drilled so I need to get me an overflow box and a return pump but was wondering about a few other things.

I have a spare 14 gallon tank and an old wet/dry setup and would like to use one or the other. I'm not sure of the capacity of the wet/dry setup is but I guess maybe it's about the same as the 14 plus or minus a few gallon. Will one of these be sufficient size or should I maybe look for something larger? I can't fit anything too large under my tank inside the stand so I can't go too large.

If I use the regular tank and have to put in my own sections in it, are there any kind of diagrams or something like that that I can go from to make this right?

And last, I have a hang on the tank type skimmer where the pump hangs down into the tank and the skimmer is hanging on the side of the tank. It's the Coralife Super Skimmer. I was thinking I can possibly set it up in the sump just like it is now on the tank but I'm not 100% sure how to make it work. I don't want to have to buy a new skimmer for this but if it's absolutely not going to work, I'll have to do so but looking for ideas on how to get it to work.

Back