pLO420

Reefing newb
l_5b24d9043c3f40c6a7473b9da756e5a7.jpg

l_e3c88971d3804b55b6dcdf0d4b8da281.jpg

l_bb9498fafb7a4fb888195cc454174b9e.jpg

l_f15b0f456d3d479fb1e300a371584456.jpg

l_7140f81f93144302aa4907ca20f755d8.jpg

l_1c6dc8dafd3949e08e789e1472ac6c03.jpg

Looks good, but just looking at how clean everything is and the lack of algae, your system is much too new to support an anemone and stoney corals.
You tank looks like it was setup a month or less and both those animals require stable, well established systems.

Looks good, but just looking at how clean everything is and the lack of algae, your system is much too new to support an anemone and stoney corals.
You tank looks like it was setup a month or less and both those animals require stable, well established systems.

yes aggree with the above if you have just set this up its way to early for an enemone and sponge you will be very lucky if they survive a few weeks did your lfs shop advise you to buy them??

hey guys... tank has been going for 9 months but just recently bleached all my LR about a month ago.... and new sand.... and everything but the FISH were given to me or traded for something i didnt need equipment wise....

bc i had completely took everything out to drill the closed loop holes... and hair algae was ridiculous.... needed a new start kinda... used same water, refug wasnt touched and 3 or 4 med to large size pieces of rock were not bleached... might not have been the best idea but its going good so far with everything going again.... only time will tell if it was a horrible decision....

bc i had completely took everything out to drill the closed loop holes... and hair algae was ridiculous.... needed a new start kinda... used same water, refug wasnt touched and 3 or 4 med to large size pieces of rock were not bleached... might not have been the best idea but its going good so far with everything going again.... only time will tell if it was a horrible decision....
So basically you killed off all the good bacteria and critters inside the live rock and used the same water....which is the cause of your hair algae problem to begin with. Unless you change your maintenance routine, your problems will be back.

Where's the anemone? I don't see it in the pic. What are you covering with the plastic bottle?

basically... and maintnance routine def improved... I moved some rocks around so the anenome is in the top left corner well in the back... and I got three damsels because I had lost 2 out of the three chromis and they nibbled away my xenias but there coming back fast...

Back