Qtanks?

joeyv

Reefing newb
i was looking at getting one of thoes nano cubes for my Qtank, would that work? if not what is a better tank? with a Qtank you want the water just like your main tank right? what should all go in the Qtank? i have heard people talk about putting copper in there Qtanks, do you have it in there all the time or just if the fish needs it? sorry for how long it is just want to make sure i setup my stuff up right the first time. thanks for the help

i wouldnt spend that much money on a qt tank, i just have a 10 gallon tank, with a HOB filter on it, no substrate, and a small piece of live rock in it. cost me a total of 20 dollars

I bought an eclipse 12 gallon tank. I have one piece of live rock and a couple 3" pcv pipes in it. You Q tank is something you can controll all parameters in. If you need to drop the salinity or add copper you can. without harming anything else.
Heres my QT
078.jpg

nice qt hawk...a 10g will do fine as david said..just some hang out filters, and sand...i second hawk too...i had a 10g that i was gonna use as a qt, but i decided to make it a nano reef,..i have now the protein skimmer and ligths...in the near future ill try housing some nice rasta lethers and shrooms!!

I have a 10 gallon complete setup made by Odyssea.Equipment wise,it came with everything you need except the heater,thermometer....all for $35.I don't keep mine running unless I know that I'll be stocking the DT often.I use water from the DT for the QT and a rock from the sump,no substrate BTW.

I got a little 10 gallon with a HOB filter and a small heater.It dont even have a light.
I've not used it yet,but if I ever need to,I got it.
BTW,I probably got about 15 bucks in it.

I also have a 10 thats was going to be a frag tank now its my QT which I havn't even used it for that yet. Its just sitting there running. I dont have much in it maybe 20.00.

Back