Quarantine Tank

reefraiser

Reefing newb
I know this might not be the exact place to put this post but I didn't know what other thread would be more appropriate. I have a 75 gallon tank that is my primary, a 30 gallon quarantine, and a 10 gallon hospital. Anyway, I am looking to get rid of the 30 gallon because I feel its embarrassing to have so many tanks setup right now, especially empty ones haha.

Anyway, I was wondering if the 10 gallon would work as the quarantine or if it is too small?

i would keep the thirty my self it is a good sized tank for most fish people buy and if needed you can treat fish with copper while having them in qt this will help to prevent and ich from getting into the DT. this is what i would do no fish goes into my display until it has been in copper for at least 3 weeks

I agree with the others, use the 30 gal. Break it down and set it up when needed. takes 10 mins and you can use water from your main tank when you do a water change.

I've concluded that a QT tank is financially worth it when you consider the time and money it cost to deal which ich in the main tank.

Considering I just dropped $100 on fish and they both died from ich because I could not treat them in my DT, I would tend to agree with the above statement. RIP Foxface and Hippo Tang.

Back