question on condy nem

reeftanker84

Reefing newb
ok so i got a condy nem on tuesday,well last night he decided to take a trip and now is at the very top of my tank attached to the glass,now i dont care if he likes it there or not but it dont look right with him sitting way up there when he should be down farther,my question now is how the hell do i move him to a differant spot without pissing him off to bad or killing him in the prosses of trying to move him,really looks bad since all i see is the foot! i would have rather had him on the back glass then the front,any ideas will be nice

ok so i got a condy nem on tuesday,well last night he decided to take a trip and now is at the very top of my tank attached to the glass,now i dont care if he likes it there or not but it dont look right with him sitting way up there when he should be down farther,my question now is how the hell do i move him to a differant spot without pissing him off to bad or killing him in the prosses of trying to move him,really looks bad since all i see is the foot! i would have rather had him on the back glass then the front,any ideas will be nice

hmmm maybe point a powerhead closer to em and it may not like it so much?

just my :twocents:

Im hoping you have some strong lights? a nem sitting that high might not be getting the light he needs. Mine generally hide beneath rocks and open up out into the light.

But putting flow on him will make him move

Mine did this at first you really just need to let him find where he wants to be on his own. BUT if you just have to move him use a credit card to SLOWLY scrape the glass where he is attached and he will let go. You have to be very slow and gentle though.

But chances are he will just go right back up there if he likes it. Be careful with your blowers too mine got some tentacles sucked into it and he couldnt get loose. Luckily I came home and found him in time to save him.

well i was using my overflow outlet to blow on him ,he moved a bit but hes in the corner now so i guess ill wait a little while till he gets happy,when it was at the bottom it looked great,all full and it even ate the dead fire fish i fed it

They are the most moving of all the nems that I know of. I have 2 in my tank. Once they find a spot they will stay there, mine like to be around the middle of the tank and medium flow.

One of mine kept moving right next to corals then the coral would close up so I would have to move my corals around away from the nem and then the brat would move again!

I was so glad when it finally parked its butt and stopped moving.

lol yea,my rock nem seems happy wedged inbetween the back of the tank and some rock,that thing is huge! it must be more then 6 inches across i expected a tiny one or at least something less the 3 inches for 5.00 bucks,my condy was 8 bucks

Back