question...

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
when adding liverock do you go by the tank size, say my tank is 20 gallons and i add 1.5 pounds per gallon so my total is 30pounds of liverock....

or does it go by how much physical water is in the tank say the tank is 20 gallons and i add 20pounds of liverock and the tank wont hold the full 20gallons so there is only like 15gallons in there... does this make any sense?

and i got my ammonia under control its at 0 again, now im planning to add fully cured liverock with purple already growin on it....

i have a 30gallon nano with 30pounds of liverock how much more should i add????? i was thinking adding 10 more pounds

i have 6 1inch fishes

I think your over thinking it buddy LR is very porus so it doesnt take as much volume as you think rule of thumb is 1lb to 1.5lb per gallon that simple. and thats a lot of fish for 30 gallons it depends what kind of fish they are but it sounds like a little 2 much.

Fishsticks,

I have a 30 gallon tank at home. I don't think you need the extra 10 lbs. right now. 6 fish should be your maximum, I think you may be pushing it. I had some misfortune with my 6 fish, now I'm down to 4 and they seem to be enjoying the space.
We enjoy the few fish we have and compensate with a nice variety of inverts (shrimp, snails, crabs, etc.).

You want to make sure you have some good areas for the fish to swim, hide and just hang out. Also, too much rockwork will leave you little room for corals (if that's your ultimate plan).

Good luck.

Pacific live rock is more porous than the dense Atlantic live rock. So how much live rock you should add is dependant on: size of tank gallonage (nominal), type of live rock, whether or not you have a skimmer, whether or not you will house coral, what your fishload will be, whether or not you will house invertebrates, and whether or not you have a sand bed deeper than 3 inches. The so much per gallon suggestion is a generalization and takes nothing in to account but nominal tank size. One end of the suggested range is for dense rock (the heavy end) and the other end of he range (the light end) is for porous rock. They should take up roughly the same volume of tank space. The porous rock is a better nitrifier and the dense rock is a better denitrifier.

you may be pushing your bioload. I would think it wise to back off a fish or two. you want to leave room for them to grow without crashing your tank.

-Doc

Back