question???

gasman

Reefing newb
I have a 55 gallon tank. I have sand and water in it but no lights yet.
I am going to swich a 20 gallon to the 55 gallon when I get lights. My question is the lights on the 20 gallon will fit on one side of the 55 gallon tank will that work for a short time till funds come in for the whole set of lights or is that a bad idea?

It will work as long as u have something to put it onso it wont fall into the tank but I think that it is best to buy All your equipment then startcycling.
But since there is already water and sand in it do u have a pump to keep the water unstagnet.

I have rock in the 20 gallon tank and two coral that I was going to put close to the top near the light. I have a sump and a pump to return the water to the main tank. I thought it would work but I wanted some other thoughts on it.

btw I have a cabbage and pumping xania.

Last edited:
A cabbage and xenia should be fine if you put them directly under the old light. But why not wait on moving them until you buy new lights?

Tank just sitting low on money lol plus going to make the 20 into a fuge when I change over. Also impatient!!!!

Then two corals should do alright under the lights. Just place them closer to the top. We all get impatient at times needing to do something to our tank. Go ahead and build your sump and get it running on the 55 maybe after a short time you'll have enough cash to upgrade the lights.

Back