Questions about My fish?

Denita

Sail em & Sell em
Ok so I have been wondering if I should or what size is a good size to let my foxface and Blue tang go. They need to be put in a bigger tank sometime and I am just not sure when. The foxface is about 5in long and the blue tang is about 3.5in. I have them In a 75 gallon display. I dont wanna let them go but it would be wrong of me not too cause they will need a larger home.

also I want to get my Damsels out of my tank whats a good way? fish trap? fishing pole!? I dont like them they are jerks...... I got them to start the cycle and there color grew on me but now they are the rulers of the tank. Butt heads!

So I have 2 blue damsels, 1 black damsel, 4 clowns, blue tang, yellow foxface, lawn mower blenny, scooter blenny, manjorin goby, is that too much for a 75 gallon? like I said I want to get the damsels out so there will be 4 less fish....... I just rather be safe then sorry! they have been together for about 2 years now.

First, I would like to commend you for asking BEFORE somebody needed to tell you to get rid of fish,(which unfortunately happens more times than not)..It does sound like you've got too many fish in the tank to me.

Here's how I get fish out of my tank. And since you're wanting to take quite a few fish out, this may be easier for you.

I went to Home Depot and bought a cheap sheet of acrylic and cut it to the inside dimensions of my tank. (I can slide it down to the sand, there's no gap between the walls, and no gap top to bottom.)

Turn off the powerheads, move a few pieces of rock out of the way, and slide the acrylic all the way down to the sand. figure out which side of the tank the fish are on, and start removing the rock from that side (placing it in the other side of the tank)....now just start sliding the piece of acrylic toward the sidewall (Thereby making the tank smaller as you're sliding it)....once you get the divider to a point that the fish catching is easy, scoop'em out...

It sounds more complicated than it is.

Also, you should try to scoop the foxface out with something other than a net, their dorsal fins can easily get wrapped in a net, and you don't want to touch them.:D

+1 PRC...I've had luck isolating the fish on one side of the tank. They'll be stressed no matter what, but at least, you'll be able to catch them faster and move them quickly.

I think a 125g tank for them would be great...but obviously it would be better if they were in even bigger ones :D I know the blue tang requires 125g. Good luck!

Well thanks for your help! I have did a fish trap I am going to do a fourm and explain how it worked the foxface and black damsel were in the bottle in less then a min!

I took a 2 liter bottle and about 3/4 of the way down I cut the top off. Then cut a hole where the cap would of been. so it was a tunnel in to the bottle. I placed a piece of algae in there and set it in the tank. ( have over 160lbs of live rock in my 55 gallon tank! but this did work! Took the bottle out put him in a bag and away he went to his new home!

I wasn't conserened about how many fish I had I was worried that they were getting to big for my tank! I dont want them to suffer! so foxface is off to a 200 gallon tank!

now I just have to get rid of them damsels! they are pest to my other fish! so they are comming next!

thanks for all your help!

I wasn't conserened about how many fish I had I was worried that they were getting to big for my tank! I dont want them to suffer! so foxface is off to a 200 gallon tank!

Too many fish in a tank is just as bad and stressful for them as a tank too small for a large fish, so why care about one and not the other?

Oh! i dont have alot of fish in my tank, I was just wondering what size would be a good size to let my foxface and blue tang go to a new home. I really dont like damsels, They are pests to my corals and other fish. I have 4 clowns, blue tang, blue damsel, black damsel, lawnmower, scooter blenny, and a manjorin goby. I have them in a 75 gallon tank! I dont think thats to many!

You made the right decision.
Heres kinda my way of looking it.For every inch a fish is long,it needs that much in feet of tank length.

Back