quick live rock question

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
If I have cured live rock and take it out of my tank for about a day (keeping them damp, not submerged) how much die off am I looking at? Would I most likely get a mini cycle?

im not an expert. but if you keeped it damp you will proably a mini cycel, maybe a 2-3 days im guessing

you will get some die off and most likely a mini cycle. the less amount of time you have it out of your tank the less die off and smaller mini cycle you will have.

Id try to keep it as wet as possible. but like newb and Kyle said, i would imagina some dye off, but not too bad.

If you need to take it out for some maintainance just put it in a rubbermaid tub with some saltwater and call it good!

I was looking into buying it from someone who had it out of his tank for a day while he was catching his fish. Then he put most of it back. Thats why I was askin. =)

Just let hi worry about the mini cycle. Buy it after he has put it back in his tank and it has been there a few days. Plus you have to consider hat you have for a bacteriological system already established in your tank. If you already have a mature (aged) system it can likely handle a lot without spiking ammonia and nitites. If it igoing into a new or relatively new system, yes there will be a cycle of anywhere from three or four days to up to several weeks.

Im going to pick it up this weekend after its been back in his tank for a couple days. He sent me some pics. Its some nice looking rock with some shrooms on em. Plus its only $1 a pound. Hopefully I dont drive an hour and he tries to upsell.

Just let hi worry about the mini cycle. Buy it after he has put it back in his tank and it has been there a few days. Plus you have to consider hat you have for a bacteriological system already established in your tank. If you already have a mature (aged) system it can likely handle a lot without spiking ammonia and nitites. If it igoing into a new or relatively new system, yes there will be a cycle of anywhere from three or four days to up to several weeks.

My god man, what's with your spelling tonight? Missing a few keys on your keyboard? :mrgreen:

Schools out!!!!!! That is a good excuse, huh! I keep forgetting to use the spell check, and am to over confident to think to proof read. I hit extra keys too, to make up for the ones I miss.

Did you know that whatevr splling tecnique you use doest realy mater becase the hman bran only actualy comprehnds the first cople and lst leters of the wrd! See you could read all that garbled mess of a sentence just fine without having to think about it!

Fatman on another note, what is with taking lame ass pot shots at random people all the time. Being antisocial and authoritarian is one thing, acting like a six year old is a whole other ball of wax! Im calling you out on your behavior from now it. I think its unacceptable and so do most of the other posters here. Cut the shit or disappear.

Fatman on another note, what is with taking lame ass pot shots at random people all the time. Being antisocial and authoritarian is one thing, acting like a six year old is a whole other ball of wax! Im calling you out on your behavior from now it. I think its unacceptable and so do most of the other posters here. Cut the shit or disappear.
................!

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm so i picked up the live rock and its working great! Dont need anymore input on live rock, ehh for now. lets just all get a long and love fish.... and SPS

I would just like to appologize to the rest of the users of this forum for my outburst. I will try to handle these things via PM. Sorry for adding to the recent bickering.

Cgoodman sorry for the hijack too :)

Back