R.I.P. all of my snails!

HAWKS12thMAN

NWKRC THUG!
I started with 18 snails and in the week I have owned my triggers I'm down to two snails and I have only seen one hermit. 12 nassarius gone, They used to come out at night and during feeding all the time. Now I don't even see there little tubes sticking out of the sand. I haven't caught a trigger red handed, but we all know whats going on. I read so many books, forums, websites and talked to people that own them, all said they leave snails and hermits alone but, watch out for your clams. Well my clam is fine still (crossing my fingers). I love the fish way to much to get rid of them so...... Time to buy a lawn mower blemy to take the place of the turbos and some sort of sand sifting gobie to replace the nassarius job. I took the risk, now I must pay the consequences!

I would give up the snails anyday over the fish. Just look at it this way. Now you have a excuse to visit the LFS.

I am taking the same risk with the pink tailed trigger I ordered, Hawks. Do you have aragonite sand? You could try a sand sifting star.

Thats the risks of some of the things we do with our tanks.
But I'd have fed the snails to those fish to.You can always replace snails.

when are you getting that fish anyways biff?

They get their new livestock in every Tuesday. They didn't get it in last week, so Bill said to check again this Tuesday. Not a problem -- I'm in there three or four times a week anyways. He said it's just a hard fish to get ahold of, so it may take a few weeks to find one.

The coolest thing is happening in my tank! My triggers sleep in the rocks when the lights go off. Well some snails and hermits are smarter than others. It turns out I have 3 turbos and 2 hermits left. About an hour after the lights go out they all come out and graze. They hide under rocks during the day all curled up in there shell. They hide in places the trigger wont find them and they dont move the littlest bit. I have a really hard time finding them.

that all depends on how is trying to eat it, Yote!!!

I agree with Biff, get a sifting star. Are you feeding them daily?

-Doc

i doubt it, he is really set on not feeding his fish daily, though i could have underestimated you with the new fish you may have changed your mind

Back