ramora pro

Oscarsdad608

Reef enthusiast
I am building a 20 gallon long refugium and was woundering if anyone has ran a ramora pro in their sump and how well it worked. What is the difference in the structure of the pro and the urchin? An suggestions would help. I would have to raise the twenty alittle for the skimmer to be a hangon or should I just put it in the sump. Has anyone ran a direct feed from their tank to one of these. I just don't want alot of stuff hanging all over the inside of my tank anymore.

I did. I don't know about the Urchin, but the Remora Pro worked great. It didn't fit hanging off the side of my sump, so I just sat it down inside the sump.

The Urchin is almost exactly the same as the remora, except the urchin has a longer tube that allows the pump to sit in the sump. You may want to consider upgrading your skimmer to one that would better handle your 90 gallon tank. Octopus skimmers are very cheap and will run circles around the remora/urchin skimmers.

My wife would kill me if I asked to buy a new skimmer. I am trying to find someone in my local club that would trade. I only have five fish and my water tests well.

If its working and keeping everything happy and healthy there is no reason to change it out. But if you get a deal on an ASM or Octopus skimmer don't be afraid to take it, lol, nothing is better than getting a sweet deal on a sweet skimmer.

Back