Rant

Well, there isn't much you can do. This is akin to the time I was in Petco buying crickets for my lizard, and I overheard the sales associate telling a customer that the beautiful yellow tang they had in store could successfully be acclimated to the customer's freshwater tank. I interjected and said, "No effing way" but the customer ignored me, and went ahead and bought the yellow tang for his freshwater tank. After all, what do I know? I can't possibly know more than the 16 year old kid working in the aquatics department at a Petco, right?

Anyways, my point is, there's not much you can do about dummies, since you don't really know these people. They are impatient and dumb, and the only way some people learn is the hard way, and even then, the really dumb ones don't learn and try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Like Ironman said, even if they had used old water, old sand and old rock, which could cause them to skip a cycle, adding 14 fish at once to ANY tank is bad news, even one that's been established for years. Anyone that's done any sort of research knows this, and those people will find that out soon enough. I give it 2 weeks before they have a total crash.

PS -- even if the parameters spikes don't kill all the fish, I can guarantee with 4 clowns (of two different species) and 4 or 5 damsels, those fish will just end up finishing each other off anyways. I would venture to say that the combination of fish they added is very incompatible and could only be pulled off in a very very large tank. They'll just fight to the death. The poor firefish will be the first ones bullied to death, is my guess.

Anyways, my point is, there's not much you can do about dummies, since you don't really know these people. They are impatient and dumb, and the only way some people learn is the hard way, and even then, the really dumb ones don't learn and try the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Sad but true. In fact, i would bet that this is the majority of the people.

Just like you, at Petco i saw a gold fish in a tank with Hippo tangs. ha ha ha

Back