RBTA Growth !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Well guys when I first got my Anemone I was disappointed at its size, But wow has it ben growing and fast. Here some pics to show. At the beginning it could be that it was just not acclimated yet but I thought I would still show the pics.

And this is today ( Sorry crappy Cell pic )

I Got it on April 7th. So its only ben about a month and a half. You must have gotten a big one if its split so fast. I read then don't usually split until they get over 8 to 9 inches. Mines maybe at around 6 now when I first got it I would say 2 to 3

Mine was 2-3". It was splitting when the guy got it out of the store tank. Just lucky I guess!

Wow, your BTA must really be happy for that quick growth. Looks great. Ours is a bit more peachy and light.

It might just be more extended now that I have the ATO, So Salinity is not fluctuating like it use to be. Some times my tank would almost be running dry on the return section so I would have to add 2 to 3 gallons some and im sure that makes a differences. Even my frogspawn looked happier today and longer.

Im glad you gave it some time. I wish mine would stay bubbled..... I think its a long tenticle red anenome!
It is believed intense lighting makes them more apt to bubble. All three of mine stayed long under t5 with two 400w metal halides beaming on them but within a week of swapping to LEDs all mine became bubbled.

That's odd. I say that because the one I have hanging under a rock is bubbled and the one on top not so much.

Weird little creatures!

That's odd. I say that because the one I have hanging under a rock is bubbled and the one on top not so much.

Weird little creatures!
Most BTA's you see or purchase from the LFS will be bubbled. As they become established in our systems they may or may not remain bubbled. Luckily it doesn't seem to be a sign of health either way.

Yes they are very weird creatures!

It is believed intense lighting makes them more apt to bubble. All three of mine stayed long under t5 with two 400w metal halides beaming on them but within a week of swapping to LEDs all mine became bubbled.

With t5s and now my kessils, mr. Bubble has not changed at all for me. The only time he goes into bubble mode is after he deflates at night. Honestly its for about 30mins and hes back to his normal routine

Mine was 2-3". It was splitting when the guy got it out of the store tank. Just lucky I guess!

Wow, your BTA must really be happy for that quick growth. Looks great. Ours is a bit more peachy and light.

It has to do with stress. When my dt was changed, he went to a peachy color, after it was happy again, he went to a purple base with green and red. I guess thats why they call it the 4 color anenome

Back