Rbta sucked into powerhead

recliner

Reefing newb
I have a very large rbta that has been moving around the tank a lot today. I last saw the tank 90 min ago and just now saw that it had been sucked up against the powerhead. I unplugged the powerhead and it seems to be coming off the powerhead on it's own. The foot doesn't look damaged.
Should I pull it from the tank now and put it in a tote over night to see if it's ok/healthy? Or just let it back o. The rock in my DT?

I took the unplugged powerhead off the side of the tank and set in on some rocks. I see some of the tentacles (or tips of tentacles) of the rbt have been severed and fell onto the rock.
There looks to be an opening (butt?) on the center underside of the foot of the rbt. I can see it moving slowly (fast for a rbt) off the powerhead and onto the rock

It's totally off the powerhead now and on the rock.
Maybe this will be for the best and all the stress it just put itself through will cause it to split. Ive been surprised it hasn't done it before, it's the biggest rbt I've seen anywhere

What is rbta? I hate abbreviations, even if I am experienced in a specific subject. The entire English language will be abbreviations in another 50 year grrrr :grumble:

I've always heard stress-free environments allow them to split..but who knows.
At the very least it sounds good that it got off the powerhead and onto the rock.

How long have you had it? How come it hasn't settled into an acceptable spot and planted its flag?
I'm sure you know you should watch your parameters and the RBTA closely over the next week or so to be sure. All it takes is a hiccup and it could crash the whole tank. :-(

I've had it 5 months. This was the third time it has made major moves around my tank. Up until a week ago I had 8 rbt and this is the only one tha moved around.

I sold 5 of them lately and heard back from the people who bought them that 2 out of the 5 split within 48 hours. They were the only 2 that I removed from their rocks. The other 3 I sold with the rock they were on. That's why I'm of the opinion that they may split when they're super healthy but also when stressed.

Nems will split when they are under stress in the hopes that one of the daughter clones will be able to make it to more favorable conditions.

If it is moving about the tank after being stationary a while then something has changed that it doesn't like ( water parameters, flow, lighting, doesn't feel safe, coral too close). Hopefully it will find a place and settle back down. Being sucked to a power head would definitely stress it more and could possibly spark a split but not all anemones will split.

Back