Rebuilding Project

irishfan43614

Reefing newb
This was my Father in Law's tank that I am trying to rebuild. It is a 35 gal, with a Canister and as you can see very little live rock. First step will be to get it balanced out again and get rid of red algae, as well as installing a few power heads... Let me know what you can see needs fixin'... but take it easy.... I am a Newb here ;)

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 282
Doing a good job with it. Can use more rock, want at least 1 to 2 pounds per gallon. Bet the fish are happier now that someone is taking care of the tank.

Yeah and he only fed them half a cube of brine shrimp a day... I am feeding them in the morning and evening 1 cube at a time... any suggestions?

First off I'd try to get a variety of different frozen food to feed them. Marine Cuisine, Carnivore Cuisine, Mysis Shrimp, Emerald Entree, etc. Brine all the time is not good for them. Variety is what they need. I also soak my frozen in either vitamins or garlic extract or both for added nutrition. Can get either at LFS. You might be overfeeding at two cubes a day for that few fish. I make sure mine eat all the food I give them in 2 minutes or less, and I do feed twice a day. Just keep an eye on your water params.

Sounds good, I can get the variety for them.. I am sure they will love me then... I did do some Spirulina mixed in.. and trust me it is lucky if that food lasts a minute...

Back