red algae...is back..

How much are you feeding them? If there are any leftover hitting the ground make sure you get it up.

Do you use a gravel vacuum or have sand sifting creatures?

How much flow do you have blowing around? If there are any areas that dont get water flow try moving the blowers around to make sure you have no dead areas.

How often do you do water changes? Weekly? monthly?
What kind of water are you using? RODI or Tap

i have alot of water flow...i only feed them 2 cubs in one day...they eat all of the food.....and yes i do have a vacuum.....i do weekly water changes...i get my r/o from my lfs..

Well from what I've read on here using a product like algaefix is just putting a bandaid on the problem and not fixing the source of the issue. Wiser people than me can tell you. Try to figure out why this is happening before adding anything to the tank.
Good luck.

2011-03-14122705.jpg
2011-03-14122713.jpg
2011-03-14122722.jpg

my humu humu eats alot....

My fish would constantly eat, if i let them.. Are you thawing the food and rinsing it before you put it in your tank? That stuff a has a ton of phosphates in it.

Algae need nutrients to grow (Nitrates and Phosphates)Your importing nutrients faster than your exporting them them. Slow down the feeding and you will see an improvement.

You have cyano. Cut back on your feeding, you are over feeding the tank. You can syphon out the algae with your next water change using a turkey baster. If you can get the rock out without disturbing anything, you can scrub them in a bucket of salt water during your next water change.

You may also want to incorporate some chaeto into your sump. It lives off the excess phosphates and will help to pull them out of your water column.

Back