red bugs again

rarecoral21

Reefing newb
Its been about 3 years since Ive had red bugs on my sps.Is there anything new out there or new technique.Some of my friends tell me now its not that big of a deal anymore that people over rated the red bug problem is this true.Should I treat the red bugs.

Is there a easy way to catch my fire shrimp and cleaner shrimp I have 2 of each. They will eat out my hand normally but when I need them to nope.

Not that I know of.Unless you could use a DIY trap.
Depending on how big the SPS are and if their attached to the rock,it might be easier to set up a QT to treat em.

The problem I have is that the red bugs is only on my rare stuff of course.There on my purple monster/pink lemonade/big body bonsai/small body bonsai/ and my most rare true rainbow acropora with blue and green polyps the only one I have ever seen besides the guy that has it.If it dies so will I lol:) all of the above coral are attach to the rock so I'm screwed.:frustrat::frustrat:

Last edited:
Doesn't the six line wrasse eat them, if so, pick up one of those to control the pest...they also eat other pest too that may come later down the road.

Six line don't normally eat them but pipe fish will they will only help control a little population of red bugs .Besides that I have way to much water flow in my tank so the pipe fish will just die.The problem with red bugs is they spread really fast.I had red bug at least 20 times now if there one thing I can keep in this hobby its red bugs lol:frustrat: If they ever become rare or sought after I will make millions.

Back