Red slime algae outbreak!!!!

Twisted_blenny

Reefing newb
Ok so it started to form about a month ago and I read on here to do water changes and scrub the rock in old saltwater and eventually it will go away on its own....so I did all that and now it just seems to be getting worse and worse... All my water parameters are all zero...it's starting to take over my biocube plz help!!!!

Kk, what do you have in there for flow? Also what kind of water are you using? How often are you water changes

Hmmm id suggest some more flow you only have about 8x turnover. Does your lfs use Rodi water to make their salt mix? Also what are you using for top offs?

What kind of freshwater? Drinking water has minerals added for taste. I think distilled is better. When you do your water changes try and suck up as much as possible and maybe up them just a little bit.

Cyano takes a bit of time to beat and if your feeding it nutrients it will keep coming back with a fury. Might just be a phase your tank is going through as well, since its still pretty new.

Id look into an rodi system and salt mix as well. I wouldnt trust my lfs for salt water.

Check your LFS water for Nitrates and phosphates before you add it. Other than that, I bet it is flow. Get another power head. I get small patches occasionally, i scrub it with a tooth brush then blast it with a powerhead for a few days. All gone. And BTW, all my parameters are 0.

Back