red slime gone

in had a problem with that ugly red slam..:pooh:...i lower the light time...did 2 water changes and now im free from that red slime...all my iverts help...:helm2::helm2:o0oo0o....it wasnt back so i think im in the clear....and too celedrate and got some new things..feather duster for $8...zoo rock $32...will post pic tomorrow after work...

You guys need to spread some of the luck and send it my way. My tank is overrun with cyano. I've tried everything I can think of, and it just keeps coming back for more. I've got a set of filter cylinders on order from Lifreef so that I can run a phosphate sponge and carbon round the clock

And it that doesnt work....:frustrat:

Northstar I could prolly help ya seeing as I live close to ya. Two heads are always better than one....let me know and we could hook up sometime soon. I still have your number. I might jus call ya tonoight or tomorrow and see what's up.

For Dome reason my pm box isn't displaying old messages. I'm pretty open this weekend except for tonight, feel free to give me a buzz

do what i did lower your light time and get a tooth brush and brush your rock..and do a water change.....thats what i did...

That's a temp change tho. U also have to seriously cut back on feedings. Get the shyt off all LR and substrate. Check all params, it's not and easy algae to beat. There are selveral trial and errors I did. I think it came down to doing everything I read in the net and then some.

Lowering the light can help work, cyanobacteria stores food :( but water are your best bet because you need to remove its food source, also make sure that the water your using is low in silicate, siphoning always worked for me, everyday till its gone

mark

Back