red slime remover

dragonnight914

Reefing newb
i put red slime remover in my tank over a week ago and my skimmer is still overflowing. i did a water change yesterday and that still didn't help. is this normal, when will i be able to turn my skimmer back on

Try directing your skimmer's overflow to an emptly 5gallon bucket, then just let it overflow until its's done (changing the bucket when needed). Replace the water that is removed with brand new salt water. This will be like doing water changes, and will let you know when things are back to normal.

In my experience, you have to do quite a few water changes before you notice your system will go back to normal. The water overflowing is what happens to me when I use the stuff. One thing I have also experienced is that some fish don't seem to like the chemical and will die as a result. At least I have suspected this of happening to me on both occasions that I used it. I had a Coral Beauty and a Tang die on me within 24 hours of putting the solution in the tank on two occasions that I used the stuff. One thing that you can do to minimize the algae without needing to use the chemical would be to get a UV sterilizer and use a Phosban Reactor.

Back