Reef Crystals Question

dschertz

Reefing newb
When mixing according to directions; 1/2 cup per gallon gives you 1.021 what would you use for 1.025, currently adding some salt water for evaporation to bring it up but would like to mix it for 1.025. Thanks

I just throw in extra and then test. Repeating until i get it right. After a few mixes you'll remember how much extra. Once you get to around 1.02x it doesn't take much salt to get it higher.

This is kinda a trail and error thing, i would try 3/4 cup.

But you dont add saltwater for evaporation. When the water evaporates, the salt stays behind so if you keep adding salt, your salinity is going to skyrocket.

But you dont add saltwater for evaporation. When the water evaporates, the salt stays behind so if you keep adding salt, your salinity is going to skyrocket.

I think he is adding saltwater for evaporation to bring his salinity up, since his new water mixed up at 1.021.

You will just have to mix some up, let it sit and let the salt dissolve, then test, and add more water or salt as needed, then let it sit for some more.

I've found that with the salt I use, 1/2 cup per gallon gets me right on track, around 1.024.

Back