Refugium

jahel318

Reefing newb
Okay so I may add a refugium either to my sump or some other way. Once I add pods and some chaeto, do I need to feed anything to the pods in the refugium? Or do they do okay just eating waste from the main display once they get sucked into it?

They will feed on algae on the glass excess food waste basically anything they find. They will do fine no need to feed them

may I ask what you are growing pods for? don't count on them for moving to your dt. I stock my dt for my mandarin and all they do is move away from the dt to the overflow box and into the sump/refugium. not the other way around.

Really? I was planning on eventually getting a mandarin so I wanted to have a refugium with pods in my sump. So do you grow your pods in an entirely seperate tank?

they will be everywhere in the tank they live in the rock they will live in a lot of places. you will see them the most in areas that they are not being preyed upon.

I just answered this the other day, order or recieve an ora mandarin. They were tank bred and eat premade food.
Sumps will promote growth of copepods, this doesnt mean they will go towards a pump to your dt. If they do, they will highly unlikely survive going into the pump like your hand in s garbage disposal.
The cost of an ora is typically 15 bucks more, i spend more than that on pods and shipping every 2 months. Very big commitment going non ora

I see online it's pretty hard to get an ORA unless I go my my LFS ...ughhh....too bad we only have a Petco here but we'll see what they say

Back