remote location for skimmer

TRAUMA

Reefing newb
My cabinet is to low to put a skimmer in for the size tank I have. I was wandering if I can place the skimmer outside on the cabinet beside the tank and run lines to it. The inside height of the cabinet is 24in.

Last edited:
You can, you just have to get an external skimmer. The only problem with those is that if the skimmer overflows its going all over your floor as opposed to if it's in your sump it just overflows there.
Super Reef Octopus XP2000 External SRO-XP2000E - English
SKIMZ SM 162 MONZTER E SERIES - EXTERNAL PROTEIN SKIMMER - AquaCave
SKIMZ SK 202 KONE E SERIES - EXTERNAL PROTEIN SKIMMER - AquaCave

THANKS BL1 YOUR A LIFE SAVER I WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE THAT SHORT.:bowdown:

THANKS BL1 YOUR A LIFE SAVER I WAS TOLD I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE THAT SHORT.:bowdown:

?? None of those are short enough to fit under your stand. Those are all external skimmers that you could run next to it.
If your tank was under 200g you could definitely find skimmers that are short enough, like 21" tall to go under your stand though.

I had an external... my ex build a cabinet for it and I made a little plexiglass box to go under it in case of an overflow.

That’s exactly what I was thinking about doing. Just trying to figure out will I have to use a stronger pump to composite for hose length.

Back