Return pump section and fuge size

felixfish

newbie reefer
I'm in the process of installing baffles into my 29g sump. I have a HOB Coralife skimmer that does not need much space in the first compartment. The first section will have my filter sock, and skimmer then to baffles, and the return then refugium. I want to make the refugium as big as I can. How much room do I have to have for the center return section? I have a Mag 7 pump, and gravity fed ATO.
Thanks

Here is my design idea. I was going to add my Algae turf scrubber, but opted against it. Due to maintance and such. I can always add it in the future. Here is what I have. Let me know if there are changes to be made.

Yes i DIY'd a 4" PVC pipe cut up for a filter sock. I actually just bought a cone skimmer and will be incorporating it into the sump. Here is the filter sock set up.

I am trying to build one currently so I am just curious so bare with me :)

So in the 6.5 section you have the flow coming into a filter sock? then it overflows into the center chamber before mixing with the fuge and being returned from the last chamber?
Also can you use any type of filter for the water entering?

Are both your return and flow tubes going through the overflow box on the tank?

My design was not complete as in where and how the water was traveling. The water is coming from my overflow box Eshopps pf-800, travels threw the wall, into the filter sock (filtration) into the first chamber where the skimmer will be. It will go threw the bubble trap, into the return pump (2nd) chamber. The return pump line will have a Tee fitting, where I can control a small amount of flow to the 3rd chamber in the refugium. Here is an updated scetch and after measuring my tank at lunch.

Here is when i set up my sump with an Algae turf scrubber, but you can see where the piping went thew the wall. I am choosing spa flex tubing for lack of 90 degree bends to maximize flow.

This is on the opposite side where the piping comes thew the DT side. I am just going to cut the PVC, add a coupling and add the spa flex tubing.

Back