Return Pump Size

BigH55

I'm that guy
As you all kow im plumbing a 29 gal frag tank into my main system. im going with the acrylc glass cages tank that is 6" deep. Im running a Mag 9.5 on my 110 now and wanted to see if i could put a T on the return with a ball valve to my frag tank. I want to make sure my main tank has enough flow still. Im doing the frag tank on budget and am trying to avoid buyin a new return pump. I will if I have to though.

A 29 gallon tank won't require that much flow. I think it'd be fine to plumb it into the main. Of course, you'll still need a powerhead or two for the tank, but even if you have the return pump only cycling a little water to the tank (to keep most of it for the display), you'll be fine. That tank is so small, it won't take long at all to turnover all the water in it.

Awesome that will save a bunch of money and be really easy to do. Definetly putting a PH in there and Im not doing any sand in it so I can really have some mean flow. What kinda light do you think?

How many bulbs and about how much are they. I want lights thats are pretty streamlined since it is in my dining room next to my other tank.

Back