Reverse osmosis filter

Homer

Reefing newb
Hi, guys...

today went to my LFS spent there 260 dollars, this is what I came home with....

A, reverse osmosis filter and return pump.

I have question about the reverse osmosis filter, is it suitable for my reef aquarium.

Here is the link AquaHolland AquaPro 50 Plus

but basically it has 3 stages:

Fase 1: Sedimentfilter
Fase 2: Koolfilter
Fase 3: RO Membraan

reverse osmosis filters will work best. Get a count down timer, many people have left the thing running, got an overflow and wasted water, filters and money.

Basically, the first couple times you use your filter to make water, time it to see how long it takes to fill up the container. After that, set a timer, such as a cooking timer, for that long so that way you can go and do other things instead of watching the water container fill up.

Basically, the first couple times you use your filter to make water, time it to see how long it takes to fill up the container. After that, set a timer, such as a cooking timer, for that long so that way you can go and do other things instead of watching the water container fill up.

Will do that :) ... But the question is... will it be ok ? :) I am brinking the water tomorrow to LFS to do a TDS test :)

Sometimes an RO filter is sufficient and sometimes you will need the DI stage. It really depends on the water you are purifying. Good luck on the TDS

It's a 3 stage RO unit. Usually it's recommended to buy a 4 stage unit -- with the last stage being a DI stage (hence the name RODI unit instead of just RO unit). Like Chichi said, what you bought may be okay depending on the quality of the water going in. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had much better water quality over there than we do here in the US.

TDS mteters are cheap and it will be best to get one for yourself

Yes, I will buy it... But now the thing is... If the TDS test will show, 30 or something after filtering, I will bring the filtration system back and get my money back .... If it will be ok, then I keep it, and buy TDS, so I know, when I have to change my filter sockets...

It's a 3 stage RO unit. Usually it's recommended to buy a 4 stage unit -- with the last stage being a DI stage (hence the name RODI unit instead of just RO unit). Like Chichi said, what you bought may be okay depending on the quality of the water going in. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had much better water quality over there than we do here in the US.

I will post today the results in my tank showcase thread (about the TDS).. but yes, I hope that it is cleaner here, although it is a lot crowded here...

The RO/DI unit that I purchased has a TDS meter built in so that I can see the TDS going into the DI resin and the TDS coming out. I am so glad to have it. If you have to take that one back and get a new one, look for a built in TDS meter. Let us know how it goes!

It looks like an ok system and it also looks like an RO/DI and not just an RO. With used systems, they could leak and the filters will need to be replaced.

Seeing as this is in an RO system thread, I require a little assistance.

This fella near my area is selling an RO system, but I know next to nothing about these. Do the filters and other things need changing? Because I have no idea how much these things are, or if it's missing something. Help would be nice. :)

RO reverse osmosis System complete for Window Cleaning or Discuss Fish Water in London | Pet Equipment & Accessories for Sale | Gumtree.com

That filter would work great for your tank, but like Chichi said -- replace the filters. You don't know how long it's been since they were replaced and they usually need to be replaced every year or so (depending on the water quality).

Thanks, girls.

Is it expensive to replace the filters, though, and would it require to be of that brand or can any universal filter fit onto an RO system? I ask because the unit on that ad seems to not be a brand that I can find online, which could mean I may not be able to find parts.

Not quite sure, really. I've only got a 12 Gallon, after all...

In the US, you can get a full set of replacement filters/cartridges for $40 to $60. As far as I know, it's universal and you don't need to use the same brand. Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm this though!

Back