RIP, Copperband Butterfly

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Had it for 7 months to the day. It quit eating about 5 days ago for no apparent reason, I came home from work and there it was behind the rocks. :death: Man, I was really hoping I could keep this fish alive for a lot longer than that, I guess you never can tell. At least it lived longer than the 4 days my friend's did. Sigh...

I am sorry for your loss. I have sent 5 to meet their maker over the years. They are so pretty and I keep thinking: "This time I will make it work"...only to have it die a month later. You should be proud of yourself that it made it 7 months. That is a new record for my ears

-Doc

Man it's such a bummer, you know? It was the friskiest fish in the tank, eating frozen out of my fingers like mad! I think once it decimated the feather worm and aiptasia population, there was little nutrition left that wasn't given by the prepared foods. One things for sure, I haven't seen a single aiptasia in 6 1/2 months! Peppermint shrimps never worked for me. I guess it's sorta like the moorish idols, I heard someone dissected one's stomach and 90% of its contents were this one species of sponge that are rarely found in our tanks...Fact is there's just too much left to learn about these creatures, which is what keeps this hobby so fascinating.
057-1.jpg

(those spots were there for the first 3 days in my tank, they left and never came back)

I think I'm gonna wait for a bigger tank before I try any more fish, I think I'm too stocked up right now. Maybe a different type of butterfly next time, with a more matured tank.

Back