RIP Lenny the Blenny

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I noticed the last few days that Lenny the Blenny has not come out to eat. He is normally one of the most outgoing fish in the tank, so I know that the worst must be true. I had him for nearly 3 years. He was a wonderful fish, full of personality. I have no idea why he would have passed, other than "it was his time". My dad fondly remembers the time he spent watching Lenny, his favorite fish in my tank, or as my dad would refer to him "that ugly frog looking thing". I feel devastated. No, it couldn't have been the blue damsel or one of the chromis, or personality-less anthias, it had to be one of the sweetest, most active and personable fish in the tank.

RIP Lenny the Blenny. You will always be remembered fondly, and all other blennies that shall come to my tank henceforth shall be automatically compared to you; held up to the highest standard that any blenny could dream to reach...

101707027-1.jpg

Ummmm well... Maybe not.

No sooner than I had posted this eegoogalee (TM Zoolander), I went over to my tank and was poking around the sides near my skimmer. What do I happen to see?

0908001.jpg

A blenny tail, in the overflow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got out my net and fished him out. He is alive, but skinny. So weak he didn't even bother to fight and flop around in the net. He dove behind the rocks, and I clipped some seaweed near him to entice him to eat. There is nothing more I can do for him now, so I hope he recovers. He is a tough little fish.

:bounce:

Yea though I swam through the grills of the skimmer, I shall fear no pump;
For thou have thy net and thou art compassionate.
Thy scooped me up and returned me to my rock, and I shall eat and get fat.

:mrgreen:

Had some time to think about this. Revised version for Mr. Blenny.

Yea, though I swim through the grates of the skimmer intake,
I will fear no pump. For thou art compassionate;
Thy net and thy swiftness, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a rock for me, to swim under and hide;
Thou fills my belly with fish food; and my belly is fat again.

:mrgreen:

Back