ro/di filter

One of the more talked about brands around here is from Pure Water Club (although a couple of people had reported issues with it with the recent orders). But most love theirs. I use Captive Purity -- got it from my LFS. Here are some more from marinedepot.com:

Reverse Osmosis Systems & DI/RO Systems For Aquariums | Marine Depot

I don't know if those are the best prices, so hopefully someone can direct you to better deals. I got mine from MY lfs -- they special orderd it for me.

Is there any link between cyano blooms and not using RO/DI water. I had this problem with cyano but since I have been using RO/DI for about a week now it seems to have dissipated. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Tap water contains a lot of impurities like Nitrates and Phosphates. Since these feed algae, it is possible that the tap water caused your algae problem

Tap water contains a lot of impurities like Nitrates and Phosphates. Since these feed algae, it is possible that the tap water caused your algae problem

Aint that the truth. In an apartment I once lived in the tapwater had regularly 40ppm nitrates even though I think the city was limited to around 10ppm? They came out and tested and said it was ok though I um yeah really felt better.

I can't tell you from personal experience since I just ordered it but, two other members on the board have that model and recommended it

Back