RO/DI really?!?

jeepjunky

Reefing newb
I understand the need for a RO/DI system. So I stopped at local home improvement store and looked at a RO system. The best they had was a 12gal per day...come on really I have a 55gal aquarium, it will take me a week to fill that! So I stopped by culligan (needed drinking water anyway) they said that there system is rated at 55gal a day...and that they have set up several for aquariums...Great how much $1100-1200!!!! Really?!?!:grumble:
What do I NEED for a 55 gal salt, at over a grand I can by water at $3.00 for 5 gal...thats alot of water!
Thanks

You can buy a cheaper r/o unit online, just check around...also, most lfs's sell r/o water for $0.50 a gallon, even some grocery stores sell it for cheaper.

It may be .42 cents or something but its cheap. Its from an R/O machine in Wal-mart, and they have one in Kroger in Terre Haute, IN. I only have an R/O unit from Spectrapure at my house with no DI. I have had an algae breakout recently so I changed the 2 filters and membrane so i've been getting water there. I'm sure i would be fine, but don't have a TDS meter.

Back