RO/DI Recommendations?

Lizardlicks

Reefing newb
Hey look the Lizard is back! Still very much in my R&D phase of setting up a tank and I've come back with more questions. This time I'm wondering about RO/DI systems, specifically what I should be looking for for my particular planned set up.

Still looking at 75 gallon tank with a 25 - 30 gallon sump and am now planning to add a reservoir for an auto top off as well. I'm wondering what I should be looking for as far as GPD in a RO/DI system? I'm not sure what average evap rate would be for a tank set up of this size (note, I say average- I know there's all sorts of this that can effect how fast water evaps from a system, and that mine will be different from someone else's because of that, but with all this still being theoretical, I won't know what my specifics will be anyway) or if I even need one for a system of that size- might I be alright getting RO/DO water from my LFS or Wally world?

If you have personal experience in regards to recommendations or warnings for specific manufacturers, I'd love to hear those, too!

Okay, here's a question that's probably important. How do you actually use an RO/DI system? Does it hook up to your pluming it's self or do you run it off your tap? I haven't been able to figure that out off of reading stuff for 'em or if there's different models that do each!

Excelltent! Well that clears up that. Third question: does the system I get come with said hook ups or do I have to buy those seperatly (or does this vary from manufacturer to manufacturer)?

That would vary from package to package. At BRS, they have a whole tab dedicated to the different RO fittings. This is because each install is going to be slightly different.

Good to know! I was already looking to be getting some stuff from BRS and it looks like they got some sort of rewards program too? I think I'm probably going to be shopping there pretty often!

Back